Offering Better Life
Divine Street United Methodist Church offers better life through Christ and the ministries of his church by providing everyone a place to:
BELONG to a Christ-centered community of faith
•Environments and ministries that are welcoming, reach out to help, provide steps to assimilation into the life of the congregation.
BELIEVE in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
•Environments and ministries that give witness to the life changing reality of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior: bible studies, ministry programs/projects, how the life of the congregation is administered and led, steps to deepen relationship with Christ and commitment to a life of faith.
BECOME disciples of Christ who love and serve others through ministry
•Environments and ministries that challenge and invite personal engagement in programs and ministries that serve others.
Spiritual values are reference points to help formulate, develop, amend, improve or cease programs and ministries of the congregation in order to effectively fulfill our vision.
1. Reach out to the Dunn community.
•We are the United Methodist Church in Dunn, even as we serve alongside UM's in the surrounding areas of Erwin, Mary Stewart, and Godwin. The primary focus of our evangelism and outreach is within our immediate community.
2. Offer diversity of worship experiences for all ages.
•Worship traditions that inspire contemporary lives of faith, as well as offering opportunities for contemporary expressions of praise and worship.
3. Engage in small group ministries.
•Building relationships is at the heart of the life of faith and living as disciples of Jesus Christ. Opportunities to study, fellowship and serve in small groups - short or long term - are important for the church to offer.
4. Partner with other members of the Christian community.
• The biblical witness and our Wesleyan heritage call us to reach out and join in ministries with brothers and sisters in Christ. The body and work of Christ is more than our congregation and our resources. We will work with other Christian fellowships to fulfill the larger commission of Christ in our community and world.